skinny puppy :: Love/Hate Skinny Puppy
skinny puppy
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Love/Hate Skinny Puppy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    skinny puppy Forum Index -> skinny puppy -> skinny puppy
Previous topic :: Next topic  
kickaxe

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 29 Dec - 04:41 (2009)    Post subject: Love/Hate Skinny Puppy Reply with quote

I love Skinny Puppy and have since I was introduced to them 15+ years ago. They are my #2 band ever. I only have one problem. They are a very liberal band and I am a very conservitive person. Musically, sonically, they have no equal. Lyrics though, when they make sense that is, are another story. Is there anyone else who feels this way, or are you all a bunch of hippies. I love Skinny Puppy, but hate hippies, and all they stand for. Please reply, positive or negative.
Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 29 Dec - 04:41 (2009)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chud

Masculin 猴 Singe

PostPosted: Wed 30 Dec - 00:16 (2009)    Post subject: Love/Hate Skinny Puppy Reply with quote

kickaxe wrote:
 Is there anyone else who feels this way, or are you all a bunch of hippies.

Question   Neither of both.
 And I think SP lyrics have nothing to do with flower power and hippies. Just because they smoke pot? The 80's were a different kind of era, where progressive (post punk - not hippie) bands used their lyrics to question the conservative (= narrow minded) establishment and open people's eyes for what's wrong in the society.

Masculin

PostPosted: Thu 31 Dec - 03:22 (2009)    Post subject: Love/Hate Skinny Puppy Reply with quote

They are anti-war and against animal testing, save the environment, etc. Most of their lyrics are pretty much stream of thought type stuff and kick ass, but when they do try to make a point it is usually liberal, hippie-type things they talk about. It still sounds awesome, though. I just don't agree with what they are saying most of the time.
Also, to think that conservative equals narrow minded is pretty narrow minded.
I'm a conservative that likes SP, how narrow minded is that?
meloman

Masculin 牛 Buffle

PostPosted: Thu 31 Dec - 17:32 (2009)    Post subject: Love/Hate Skinny Puppy Reply with quote

kickaxe wrote:

They are anti-war and against animal testing, save the environment, etc. ... I just don't agree with what they are saying most of the time.
So you like war, you like animal torture in laboratory and you think the environment must be destroyed?
Visit poster’s website MSN Skype
Sean2K

PostPosted: Fri 1 Jan - 03:57 (2010)    Post subject: Love/Hate Skinny Puppy Reply with quote

kickaxe wrote:
I love Skinny Puppy and have since I was introduced to them 15+ years ago. They are my #2 band ever. I only have one problem. They are a very liberal band and I am a very conservitive person.

Go listen to Ted Nugent then. Razz
Quote:
Also, to think that conservative equals narrow minded is pretty narrow minded.
I'm a conservative that likes SP, how narrow minded is that?

The left/right is merely a paradigm. There are those in politics both liberal and conservative that work for the interests of the general population and those that oppress the general population and work for the elite.

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 2 Jan - 12:48 (2010)    Post subject: Love/Hate Skinny Puppy Reply with quote

To Meloman... I do like war, it is a global necessity. Without it the world would be even more of a mess than it is now. One easy example (among many) is WWII. Without it and our involvement in it, Jews probably would not exist, and we would all be speaking German right now.
I don't like animal cruelty for no purpose (like the cat head crusher), except when it may save human lives, because I think that the life of a person is more important than a rabbit. If we have to kill a few rabbits to save even one person, I think it is worth it. I don't think the environment should be destroyed, I just think that it is not as close to being destroyed as everyone thinks. No matter what we humans do, the earth will still exist and life will still exist. It may not be the life that we currently have, but then it hasn't been this way for most of the time. We cannot destroy the earth, only change it. Things change, deal with it.
To Sean2k... I like Ted Nugent. "Friend Bear" is great and you should like it, it is about coexisting with wildlife. And "Stranglehold" is one of the greatest songs ever. If you boycott a band just because of their political beliefs, then you are limiting yourself and your experiences. You are not bothering Ted in any way, beleive me. The whole point of this thread is that I love SP but don't really agree with what they are saying lyrically (when comprehensible). So I guess I am more open minded than you.
And it seems that you are saying that conservatives mostly work for the opression of the people. I don't beleive that to be true. Usually cons. are against laws restricting peoples freedom and for making government smaller and less intrusive. That has changed some lately but generally it is true. Also SP rules, but they are only musicians after all and people just like us.
Sean2K

PostPosted: Sat 2 Jan - 19:14 (2010)    Post subject: Love/Hate Skinny Puppy Reply with quote

Quote:
To Meloman... I do like war, it is a global necessity. Without it the world would be even more of a mess than it is now. One easy example (among many) is WWII. Without it and our involvement in it, Jews probably would not exist, and we would all be speaking German right now.

War is only good when it is just. For every 1 legitimate war like WWII there's a dozen that are merely wastes of life due to power tripping governments.

Quote:
We cannot destroy the earth, only change it.

I think mr. nukey would say otherwise! Mort de Rire

Quote:
To Sean2k... I like Ted Nugent. "Friend Bear" is great and you should like it, it is about coexisting with wildlife. And "Stranglehold" is one of the greatest songs ever. If you boycott a band just because of their political beliefs, then you are limiting yourself and your experiences. You are not bothering Ted in any way, beleive me. The whole point of this thread is that I love SP but don't really agree with what they are saying lyrically (when comprehensible). So I guess I am more open minded than you.

I listen to bands with different political beliefs too(Ex. Burzum).

Quote:
And it seems that you are saying that conservatives mostly work for the opression of the people. I don't beleive that to be true. Usually cons. are against laws restricting peoples freedom and for making government smaller and less intrusive. That has changed some lately but generally it is true.

The conservatives of today aren't true conservatives, nor are the liberals of today true liberals. True conservatives believe in smaller government yet they give money to the banks going under due to the greedy CEO's and true liberals are meant to liberate people yet they're trying to pass a tax for carbon emissions that aren't even responsible for global warming.

Féminin 馬 Cheval

PostPosted: Mon 4 Jan - 09:02 (2010)    Post subject: Love/Hate Skinny Puppy Reply with quote

I was raised conservative, but that doesn't mean I let the label wear me. I'd rather take a look at ALL options before a desicion is made, but in the modern world, we need liberalism to keep us in check, personaly, I'd rather live in the days before modern curroption and human over-population and live in tribes, tiny government, and the means to do what needs to be done, in today's age we have to go to everyone else to do our dirty work, but if we didn't have it, and with todays curroption, I don't even want to imagine the chaos that would come of it, plus it's next to impossible to break away from the gov, so we really don't have much choice, unless we go farm in the woods on....gov property, which we mearly have an ownership label. So in the end, it's impossible to be a true conservative. Also, respecting life doesn't make one a hippy.
dwninit

Féminin 鼠 Rat

PostPosted: Mon 4 Jan - 21:06 (2010)    Post subject: Love/Hate Skinny Puppy Reply with quote

I don't  think it matters what  you  like  the band for.  I never knew  they were animal rights back when I first fell in love  with them.  Now that I'm older, I understand their lyrics and what they're trying  to get across.  Not every SP lover  is a vegan or vegetarian or smokes dope. 

Regarding war, I think its mostly against it because we  were lied to.  The politics in this country and most  others seem to be all mixed up.  Focusing  on things that they think that matter, ie gay marriage, when who cares, there are more  important issues out there like homeless  kids and poverty.  The Bush Administration handled everything all wrong.  Not that I think Saddam didn't have it coming, because he did, and I know  its good intentions to be over there, I really think it  can be  handled  differently now.
subwayslamdance

PostPosted: Tue 5 Jul - 00:02 (2011)    Post subject: Love/Hate Skinny Puppy Reply with quote

<3
tina

Féminin

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jan - 23:34 (2014)    Post subject: Love/Hate Skinny Puppy Reply with quote

I respect immensely Skinny Puppy for their ideology and social lyrics! All my life I dreamed about a group that is not just entertaining, but also convey important message through his lyrics. Sorry if something is not clear, I'm not good at English.

Masculin 羊 Chèvre

PostPosted: Tue 28 Jan - 04:54 (2014)    Post subject: Love/Hate Skinny Puppy Reply with quote

Lyrical meaning is irrelevant to me when it comes to music. Even if the meaning is in line with what I stand for, music is meant to evoke emotion or lack thereof. "Meaningful lyrics" were created by people in the old days that had little musical ability and wanted to convey emotion and feeling in someway that the listener could pick up on. Thus, "meaningful lyrics" was born, to cover up for the fact these musicians had little musical talent.

I believe vocals and lyrics act as an instrument. Enunciation, tone, pitch, complexity of the words, etc. That's what adds to the music. To like a song for it's lyrical content is ignorant and to hate a song for its lyrical content is just as equally ignorant. The production of the song is what counts. If it stirs you sonic-ally, it's doing its job. That's my 2 cent.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:08 (2017)    Post subject: Love/Hate Skinny Puppy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    skinny puppy Forum Index -> skinny puppy -> skinny puppy All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
smartDark Style by Smartor