skinny puppy :: In Solvent See **Spoiler Alert**
skinny puppy
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

In Solvent See **Spoiler Alert**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    skinny puppy Forum Index -> skinny puppy -> skinny puppy
Previous topic :: Next topic  
TheNev

PostPosted: Mon 30 Nov - 23:37 (2009)    Post subject: In Solvent See **Spoiler Alert** Reply with quote

Just got back from the New Orleans, HOB In Solvent See tour show and i've got great news and i'm slightly disappointed as well.

First, they played stuff that you don't hear very often.  Vivisect, Far Too Frail, etc...  It was a pleasant surprise. 

Second, the light/video show was inventive and made for a great performance.  I definitely got my moneys worth being a big fan of the group.  This is important becuase I support them by seeing them when I can, and buying CD/DVD's of the group.  Don't let the cons that are coming be the measurement by which this post is compared.  Again, I got my money's worth but I have to nit pick at a few things.

To me, SP has always been a constant evolution.  This was very apparent when I heard optimissed on the soundtrack of that vampire/werewolf movie No 238374374493874.   It was gritty, dirty, and was reminiscent of the "solo" work done a few years back.  The greater wrong of the right tour was like a greatest hits tour with some new stuff thrown in.  The show was, for lack of a better word, raw.  It reminded me of SP back in the day and I find myself still watching the show from time to time.  I had never felt energy in a crowd like that.  I still talk about that show and that was two or three years ago.

This time, it was almost tame though the music was hard hitting, I guess I expected it to be a repeat of the Greater Wrong of the right tour.  So, let's chalk that one up to me going in with preconceived ideas of what to expect.  I'll take the blame on that one.

My best friend, who I went with, is arguably a greater fan than I am and we had an objective talk about the show on the way home.  I hate to say it, but taking yet another swipe at the low hanging fruit that is Christianity did not belong in the show.  It felt out of place and definitely came off more like a gimmick (schtick).  At that point during the show, I literally felt like I was watching Marilyn Manson. 

What's that?  You made a crucifix out of walking canes...  It's a crutch, I get it.   How clever...

Beyond that, I really enjoyed the show and will remain a lifelong fan. 
Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 30 Nov - 23:37 (2009)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Zino

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 15 Dec - 20:17 (2009)    Post subject: In Solvent See **Spoiler Alert** Reply with quote

what song is vivsect? Question
MSN
meloman

Masculin 牛 Buffle

PostPosted: Wed 16 Dec - 02:50 (2009)    Post subject: In Solvent See **Spoiler Alert** Reply with quote

You don't know ViviSect VI ? Shocked

Visit poster’s website MSN Skype
dwninit

Féminin 鼠 Rat

PostPosted: Tue 22 Dec - 19:54 (2009)    Post subject: In Solvent See **Spoiler Alert** Reply with quote

The dude probably meant the album, they did play Dogshit
Zino

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 23 Dec - 02:19 (2009)    Post subject: In Solvent See **Spoiler Alert** Reply with quote

meloman wrote:

You don't know ViviSect VI ? Shocked

Thats an album not a song Wink
MSN
Zino

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 23 Dec - 02:21 (2009)    Post subject: In Solvent See **Spoiler Alert** Reply with quote

dwninit wrote:

So cuz they played dogshit, you can say they played vivisect? .. no way jose .. LOL ..

Yeah yeah .. Mort de Rire
MSN
meloman

Masculin 牛 Buffle

PostPosted: Wed 23 Dec - 18:54 (2009)    Post subject: In Solvent See **Spoiler Alert** Reply with quote

He never said it was a song! 
Visit poster’s website MSN Skype
dwninit

Féminin 鼠 Rat

PostPosted: Thu 24 Dec - 06:14 (2009)    Post subject: In Solvent See **Spoiler Alert** Reply with quote

Zino wrote:

dwninit wrote:

So cuz they played dogshit, you can say they played vivisect? .. no way jose .. LOL ..

Yeah yeah .. Mort de Rire
he he
well I was trying to give him the  benefit of the doubt....but...yer right!
TheNev

PostPosted: Thu 15 Apr - 03:34 (2010)    Post subject: In Solvent See **Spoiler Alert** Reply with quote

guys, I lost a computer a while back along with a lot of my favorites.

The vivisect thing was a total flub on my part.  They played Dogshit from vivisect and other things like far too frail, deadlines and other music that I haven't heard them play before.  Of course, this is all water under the bridge as far as im concerned, but I felt as if my "SP cred"  was in jeopardy so I wanted to correct that horrendous error.

Wink
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 02:56 (2017)    Post subject: In Solvent See **Spoiler Alert**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    skinny puppy Forum Index -> skinny puppy -> skinny puppy All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
smartDark Style by Smartor