skinny puppy :: SP Reissues
skinny puppy
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

SP Reissues
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    skinny puppy Forum Index -> skinny puppy -> skinny puppy
Previous topic :: Next topic  
riverdragon

Masculin 鷄 Coq

PostPosted: Tue 23 Dec - 17:11 (2008)    Post subject: SP Reissues Reply with quote

Hello All,

Sorry to start a topic right off the bat but I figured this would be the best place to ask. I was thinking of upgrading my old Skinny Puppy CDs to the current reissues (Too Dark Park, Rabies, Last Rights, ect) and was curious if the sound quality was significantly better or if the liner notes had more to them? I'll buy them if they offer something different from the original but if not would prefer to buy stuff I don't have already.

Thanks!
Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 23 Dec - 17:11 (2008)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Zino

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 23 Dec - 21:27 (2008)    Post subject: SP Reissues Reply with quote

I would say .. if there´s stuff you dont have yet.. get that .. and then start to worry about remasters and stuff.. cuz the difference is minor...  Wink
MSN
noisehead

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 24 Dec - 03:04 (2008)    Post subject: SP Reissues Reply with quote

I have been told the remaster of Rabies sounds significantly better than the original release, but I haven't been able to compare since I only have the original CD pressing.  
riverdragon

Masculin 鷄 Coq

PostPosted: Wed 24 Dec - 18:06 (2008)    Post subject: SP Reissues Reply with quote

Thanks for the opinions. I'll probably just hold off on the reissues until I get everything else. Still willing to listen to any opinions if there is anyone out there who full believes the reissues are far superior.
noisehead

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 24 Dec - 18:23 (2008)    Post subject: SP Reissues Reply with quote

honestly I haven't felt the need to replace my SP collection with any of the remasters, although I did order another copy of Last Rights last year, but that was only because the copy I'd owned since the early 90's was one of the early pressings with the beginning 15 seconds of audio missing. 
overthrow

PostPosted: Wed 11 Feb - 07:45 (2009)    Post subject: SP Reissues Reply with quote

I had no idea they had remastered versions. Dead can Dance did the same thing....2 bands I own a huge collection of I have to buy new albums from!
I'm sure there will be a significant difference though with SP keeping an eye on the mastering process.

OVERTHROW PROMOTIONS

www.postdeathsoundtrack.com - Post Death Soundtrack

www.myspace.com/theunravellingmusic - The Unravelling

www.innersurge.com - Inner Surge
dwninit

Féminin 鼠 Rat

PostPosted: Sat 14 Feb - 03:48 (2009)    Post subject: SP Reissues Reply with quote

I'm too drunk to read this
meloman

Masculin 牛 Buffle

PostPosted: Sat 14 Feb - 04:45 (2009)    Post subject: SP Reissues Reply with quote

Mort de Rire Mort de Rire Mort de Rire
Good old Dwin is back!
Visit poster’s website MSN Skype
noisehead

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 14 Feb - 15:38 (2009)    Post subject: SP Reissues Reply with quote

actually I meant to say reissue, not remaster... though as I mentioned before, I've been told there is a definite difference between the sound quality of the original Rabies release and the reissue... sorry for any misunderstanding.  Embarassed
dwninit

Féminin 鼠 Rat

PostPosted: Fri 20 Feb - 02:29 (2009)    Post subject: SP Reissues Reply with quote

meloman wrote:

Mort de Rire Mort de Rire Mort de Rire
Good old Dwin is back!

I never left!  Just don't have time anymore Crying or Very sad
noisehead

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 20 Feb - 16:05 (2009)    Post subject: SP Reissues Reply with quote

that most certainly sucks ass... but at least it means you're working, and getting paid.  Wink Mort de Rire
Zino

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 20 Feb - 17:18 (2009)    Post subject: SP Reissues Reply with quote

almost read the ending like dwin would have done.. Mort de Rire .. but you are right Mort de Rire
MSN
dwninit

Féminin 鼠 Rat

PostPosted: Sat 7 Mar - 00:36 (2009)    Post subject: SP Reissues Reply with quote

yeah well for now anyway Noisehead.  My contract was going to be up in April, but they extended it until end of September.  But still, I've been applying everywhere and not even a phone call!  totally sucks
noisehead

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 7 Mar - 02:34 (2009)    Post subject: SP Reissues Reply with quote

yep, it's tough out there right now.  Sad
PIP4000

PostPosted: Fri 9 Apr - 01:13 (2010)    Post subject: check out this ep! Reply with quote

Check it. Spasmolytic EP is back in print: http://bit.ly/9UVK4M
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:09 (2017)    Post subject: SP Reissues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    skinny puppy Forum Index -> skinny puppy -> skinny puppy All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
smartDark Style by Smartor