skinny puppy :: computer blues
skinny puppy
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

computer blues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    skinny puppy Forum Index -> Miscellaneous -> Miscellaneous
Previous topic :: Next topic  
noisehead

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 20 Dec - 15:10 (2008)    Post subject: computer blues Reply with quote

well, with all the talk of that critical security issue with IE and eEL's pleading with everyone on Litany to not use Microsoft's software, I downlaoded Google Chrome, which works fine, other than it blocks functions on some messageboards and would not allow me to reply to any messages on any of my e-mail accounts.  so I downloaded Firefox to see how it worked... e-mail is fine, other messageboard functions a o.k., but it won't let me post any replies here....  Question Evil or Very Mad  so seems I have to resort to using both Firefox and Chrome simultaneously, and keep track of what works in which window, kind of a pain in the ass if you ask me.  Confused
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 20 Dec - 15:10 (2008)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Xtylish

PostPosted: Sat 20 Dec - 18:54 (2008)    Post subject: computer blues Reply with quote

Firefox FTW. I tried Chrome but it was meh and also, took up too much memory (I'm already running out of memory DSmile

I like all Firefox's add ons. I got a thing to tell me how many hours I've spent online. It stops when I minus the browser or stay idle for whatever time. 833 hours :l And that's only since I installed it.

Btw I can reply here with FireFox. You sure you got the latest version?

Masculin 牛 Buffle

PostPosted: Sat 20 Dec - 19:54 (2008)    Post subject: computer blues Reply with quote

Firefox works very well, I never use IE. Maybe you just need to install some plugins like Flash or Java.
Visit poster’s website MSN Skype
Zino

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 22 Dec - 13:44 (2008)    Post subject: computer blues Reply with quote

started using firefox not long ago as well... getting used to it now.. works great.. Cool .. hmm i think i can reply here... let me check later when i´m at home.. Wink
MSN
noisehead

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 23 Dec - 03:15 (2008)    Post subject: computer blues Reply with quote

I don't know what the issue was, seems to be working fine now.  Mort de Rire
Zino

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 23 Dec - 15:19 (2008)    Post subject: computer blues Reply with quote

startup issue Razz
MSN
noisehead

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 23 Dec - 16:03 (2008)    Post subject: computer blues Reply with quote

possible, but still won't allow me to use anything but the "quick reply" option on a different messageboard.  Confused
Zino

Masculin

PostPosted: Tue 23 Dec - 21:29 (2008)    Post subject: computer blues Reply with quote

Hmm.. i´m having no problems with FFox .. when the setup is tuned it works awesome...  Cool
MSN
noisehead

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 24 Dec - 03:02 (2008)    Post subject: computer blues Reply with quote

maybe I'll get it worked out... eventually.  Mort de Rire
dwninit

Féminin 鼠 Rat

PostPosted: Wed 24 Dec - 04:24 (2008)    Post subject: computer blues Reply with quote

chrome fucked something up royally on my pc.  I don't know what happened, but when I downloaded it, it wouldn't let me change any of my settings any more.  K had to uninstall it and reset it back a few days.  I've just stuck to using firefox.  I don't have any problems.
noisehead

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 24 Dec - 15:54 (2008)    Post subject: computer blues Reply with quote

well, I think Chrome is still a beta version from what I've heard, in which case the bugs are still being worked out.  Sad
meloman

Masculin 牛 Buffle

PostPosted: Wed 24 Dec - 20:07 (2008)    Post subject: computer blues Reply with quote

Yep, still in beta. That's not a software you can write in a month, it will take some time to be stable. That's why I haven't try it yet. Anyway there's no Linux version for now and I rarely use XP, so I stick to Firefox...
Visit poster’s website MSN Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 14:55 (2017)    Post subject: computer blues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    skinny puppy Forum Index -> Miscellaneous -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
smartDark Style by Smartor