skinny puppy :: American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour
skinny puppy
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    skinny puppy Forum Index -> skinny puppy -> Related Bands
Previous topic :: Next topic  
archival

PostPosted: Wed 8 Oct - 19:20 (2008)    Post subject: American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour Reply with quote

American Memory Project

At some time in the very distant future, long after America is gone, a group of artists scouring the backwater of whatever it is the Net has become inadvertently encounter the American Memory Archives of the Library of Congress. Barely a ghost of its original form, all broken links and code that read like gibberish, it remains fascinating, a ruined temple in a forgotten jungle clearing. They manage to extract images, bits of text and sounds. Although they have no context for its meaning, they are intrigued by these strange antiquities. The group creates surreal impressions of the material they find and thy broadcast it back through time. A quantum radio channel beamed into the subconscious minds of the 21st Century, it is a gift of the past from the future to the present.

http://www.americanmemory.net/index.html
http://www.boingboing.net/2008/10/02/american-memory.html
http://www.myspace.com/americanmemoryvisual
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friend…
http://theburnlab.blogspot.com/2008/10/american-memory.html

The American Memory Project will release a DVD EP in conjunction with the OHGR DTOUR, followed by a full-length Hi-Definition DVD in the spring of 2009.

In our time, the first decade of the 21st Century, members of the American Memory Project are film-maker/guitarist William Morrison and drummer/composer Justin Bennett. Morrison may well be best known for the films and videos that have accompanied the Skinny Puppy performances, though he has also played guitar with SP and will be playing with OHGR on DTOUR. Bennett will play with Ohgr as well, and has performed with Skinny Puppy, Professional Murder Music, Rozz Williams, Pigface, and numerous others. Together, they have been channeling AMP for two years.

American Memory Project (AMP) will offer a startling multi-media presentation mixing visuals and audio from the past, the future, and the present in real time on each date of the OHGR DTOUR of the US and Canada throughout November and December 2008.

Tour dates:

OHGR - DTOUR with
American Memory Project (AMP)

Mon-Nov-17 Phoenix, AZ The Marquee
Tue-Nov-18 San Diego, CA House of Blues
Wed-Nov-19 Los Angeles, CA El Rey Theatre
Fri-Nov-21 San Francisco, CA Slims
Sat-Nov-22 Portland, OR Dante's
Sun-Nov-23 Vancouver, BC Red Room
Mon-Nov-24 Seattle, WA El Corazon
Wed-Nov-26 Salt Lake City, UT Murray Theatre
Thu-Nov-27 Denver, CO Bluebird
Sat-Nov-29 Minneapolis, MN Station 4
Sun-Nov-30 Chicago, IL Double Door
Tue-Dec-02 Toronto, ON The Opera House
Wed-Dec-03 Montreal, QUE Les Saints
Thu-Dec-04 New York, NY Gramercy
Sat-Dec-06 Boston, MA Paradise
Sun-Dec-07 Washington, DC Rock and Roll Hotel
Tue-Dec-09 Raleigh, NC Cats Cradle
Wed-Dec-10 Atlanta, GA Masquerade
Fri-Dec-12 Ft. Lauderdale, FL Culture Room
Sat-Dec-13 Tampa, FL State Theatre
Mon-Dec-15 New Orleans, LA House of Blues
Wed-Dec-17 Houston, TX Warehouse
Thu-Dec-18 Dallas, TX Granada Theatre
Fri-Dec-19 San Antonio, TX White Rabbit
Sun-Dec-21 Albuquerque, NM

For more, contact Bob Peters, Access All Areas

The American Memory Project
"It is useful to remember that history is to the nation as memory is to the individual. As persons deprived of memory become disoriented and lost, not knowing where they have been and where they are going, so a nation denied a conception of the past will be disabled in dealing with its present and its future"
Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr.
The American Memory Project is a broadcast from the future. A digital archive of a long dead country unearthed in a distant era and broadcast back to our time. A short wave transmission bounced off the fabric of eros, washed up on the shores of the twenty first century. It is both abstract melancholy verse and a dire warning. A container filled with ghosts speaking stories so far removed from their origins that they refuse context. Or perhaps, invite it anew.
Memory is fleeting. Short term, long term. A collection of neurons, travelling at light speed, rendered in matter, always fading... morphing
We are animating ghosts...
Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 8 Oct - 19:20 (2008)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
meloman

Masculin 牛 Buffle

PostPosted: Thu 9 Oct - 00:17 (2008)    Post subject: American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour Reply with quote

Hmmmm... do you really need to post the same thing 3 times ? Confused
Visit poster’s website MSN Skype
Chud

Masculin 猴 Singe

PostPosted: Thu 9 Oct - 18:22 (2008)    Post subject: American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour Reply with quote

Well, it speeds up post count.  Mort de Rire

Masculin

PostPosted: Thu 9 Oct - 18:30 (2008)    Post subject: American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour Reply with quote

Mort de Rire
meloman

Masculin 牛 Buffle

PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct - 03:32 (2008)    Post subject: American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour Reply with quote

That's right!
meloman

Masculin 牛 Buffle

PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct - 03:33 (2008)    Post subject: American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour Reply with quote

That's right!
meloman

Masculin 牛 Buffle

PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct - 03:33 (2008)    Post subject: American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour Reply with quote

noisehead

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct - 03:37 (2008)    Post subject: American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour Reply with quote

Question
Zino

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct - 09:09 (2008)    Post subject: American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour Reply with quote

chud gave melonman a hint Razz
MSN
Michelle

Féminin

PostPosted: Sat 11 Oct - 06:32 (2008)    Post subject: American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour Reply with quote

wow! Ogre at the double door would be awesome!!!!!!!!

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 13 Oct - 08:00 (2008)    Post subject: American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour Reply with quote

to bad the double door is so far away Confused
MSN
Michelle

Féminin

PostPosted: Sat 18 Oct - 12:36 (2008)    Post subject: American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour Reply with quote

we might go!!!!! Just need to ask for time off and hopefully my boss says yes!!!

Dwin?????????? Chris is going to be there! You coming out?

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 18 Oct - 14:21 (2008)    Post subject: American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour Reply with quote

hmmmm... just checked the calendar and I'm off the weekend of the Chicago show.  I could probably get the friday before and monday after, but no more than that, which would make for a tight schedule, especially driving back home.  still there's the cash flow issue at work... Confused
Zino

Masculin

PostPosted: Sun 19 Oct - 14:36 (2008)    Post subject: American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour Reply with quote

i got the days off now.. but still.. the money is the deal here.. but soon we will know Mort de Rire .. let me just say.. if we go.. i REALLY HOPE you will be there too NH .. dont leave me alone with all those Lítany`ers .. Razz Mort de Rire
MSN
dwninit

Féminin 鼠 Rat

PostPosted: Wed 29 Oct - 00:46 (2008)    Post subject: American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour Reply with quote

Michelle wrote:

we might go!!!!! Just need to ask for time off and hopefully my boss says yes!!!

Dwin?????????? Chris is going to be there! You coming out?
I know I just posted a comment in the other thread Razz
Boy I'd love it!  But I think its the weekend of thanksgiving and I'll be in jersey.  Won't be the first fucking show I'll miss, and certainly not the last.  So sucks so bad
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 14:53 (2017)    Post subject: American Memory Project and the OHGR DTour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    skinny puppy Forum Index -> skinny puppy -> Related Bands All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
smartDark Style by Smartor