skinny puppy :: Generic Greeting!
skinny puppy
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Generic Greeting!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    skinny puppy Forum Index -> Miscellaneous -> About you
Previous topic :: Next topic  
EraseMe

Masculin 羊 Chèvre

PostPosted: Wed 3 Sep - 03:05 (2008)    Post subject: Generic Greeting! Reply with quote

I'm Josh. I recently became a big fan of SP.

My first run-in with the band came three or so years ago. I was a completely different person then, and one of the big differences was music tastes. I only liked mainstream rock/pop type stuff.
I heard a NIN song for the first time ("The Perfect Drug" I think) and enjoyed it so much that I started looking for more music to listen to that was under the umbrella distinction of 'Industrial'. One title that was constantly being touted as one of the best was Skinny Puppy's VIVIsectVI, which I found at Best Buy. I listened to it, and not only did it scare the shit out of me, but because my music tastes were still kinda shallow, I also despised it and labeled it as the worst music I've ever heard. At that point, I only heard it as disturbing noise - I didn't listen between the lines and pay attention, I was only a passive listener.

Fast forward to about a month ago. I was doing a project for school involving controversial music videos, and the video for "Worlock" came to my attention. I reluctantly watched it, but was completely in awe at how beautiful it was. Since then, I've bought Back and Forth (Series Two), Last Rights, The Process and Mythmaker, and I love them all for different reasons and can't wait until I can buy the rest of their stuff.

Now, about me... I'm an aspiring filmmaker, and my current hobbies involve writing (poems, songs, essays, scripts, etc.), composing music, and obsessively collecting CDs and DVDs. I'm 16 and a college student because high school pissed me off so bad that I went ahead and got my GED and started attending classes at my local community classes.

My favorite directors include David Lynch, John Waters, Tim Burton, David Fincher, Terry Gilliam, Ralph Bakshi, Takashi Miike, Rob Zombie, Peter Jackson, Spike Jonze, Wes Anderson, and Alejandro Jodorowsky.

My favorite bands/musicians include Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Nirvana, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Rob Zombie, Danzig, Alice Cooper, David Bowie, Depeche Mode, Gary Numan, Alice in Chains, The Beatles, Oingo Boingo, KMFDM, Black Sabbath, Aphex Twin, Clint Mansell, Evanescence, Frank Zappa, Mindless Self Indulgence, Mr. Bungle, Korn, Primus, Ozzy Osbourne, Saul Williams, Tool, and now... Skinny Puppy (with SP getting a pretty high spot, though none of these are listed in any kind of order)

...and, that about sums it up. Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed 3 Sep - 03:05 (2008)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Sean2K

PostPosted: Wed 3 Sep - 04:48 (2008)    Post subject: Generic Greeting! Reply with quote

EraseMe wrote:
At that point, I only heard it as disturbing noise
I can play you some actual disturbing noise if you want me to? Mort de Rire

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 3 Sep - 04:57 (2008)    Post subject: Generic Greeting! Reply with quote

I can make some for you as well.
Chud

Masculin 猴 Singe

PostPosted: Wed 3 Sep - 19:43 (2008)    Post subject: Generic Greeting! Reply with quote

Sean2K wrote:
EraseMe wrote:
At that point, I only heard it as disturbing noise

I can play you some actual disturbing noise if you want me to? Mort de Rire

Please, Sean.  DON'T!!! 

Masculin 牛 Buffle

PostPosted: Thu 4 Sep - 01:12 (2008)    Post subject: Generic Greeting! Reply with quote

I Josh, welcome on the forum! Do you know the old stuff too? Like "Bites", "Remission", "Cleanse, Fold and Manipulate" ? Those are quite different from the new stuff like Mythmaker.
Visit poster’s website MSN Skype
Zino

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 5 Sep - 11:08 (2008)    Post subject: Generic Greeting! Reply with quote

Yeah a welcome to josh .. plenty of great stuff for him to explore from the puppy back catalogue Cool
MSN
noisehead

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 5 Sep - 17:19 (2008)    Post subject: Generic Greeting! Reply with quote

Mort de Rire
EraseMe

Masculin 羊 Chèvre

PostPosted: Sat 6 Sep - 19:42 (2008)    Post subject: Generic Greeting! Reply with quote

meloman wrote:
I Josh, welcome on the forum! Do you know the old stuff too? Like "Bites", "Remission", "Cleanse, Fold and Manipulate" ? Those are quite different from the new stuff like Mythmaker.
I've listened quite a bit to B&F Series 2, but beyond that, the oldest stuff I've heard would be "Worlock" and "Spasmolytic". I'm a bit tight on cash right now, but getting all of their other albums, as well as the other B&F compilations and Puppy Gristle off the Subconscious site, is of the highest priority.

Féminin 鼠 Rat

PostPosted: Sun 7 Sep - 03:55 (2008)    Post subject: Generic Greeting! Reply with quote

Hey there.  You should join the Subconcious studio site too!  You can get some great albums!
And as far as getting in to SP, your well on your way!  And with likes with TG and Coil!  Thumbs up!
Its good to be opened minded :D
Automatik-Pilot

蛇 Serpent

PostPosted: Tue 16 Sep - 00:21 (2008)    Post subject: Generic Greeting! Reply with quote

nice band list :D Try checking out "The Distillers"/"Spinnerette" their like if Glenn Danzig was a ( REALLY HOT ) woman who played music like Nirvana. And :wumpscut: is a killer industrial band! I'm obssessed with telling other ppl about bands ,annoying I know,sorry. Embarassed

Masculin 羊 Chèvre

PostPosted: Fri 19 Sep - 20:19 (2008)    Post subject: Generic Greeting! Reply with quote

Automatik-Pilot wrote:
nice band list :D Try checking out "The Distillers"/"Spinnerette" their like if Glenn Danzig was a ( REALLY HOT ) woman who played music like Nirvana. And :wumpscut: is a killer industrial band! I'm obssessed with telling other ppl about bands ,annoying I know,sorry. Embarassed
Not annoying at all - I do the same myself!

Glenn Danzig as a hot woman who makes Nirvana-like music? Freakin' sweet, I'm all over that like a fly on a very attractive pile of manure. I've heard some Wumpscut, too, and I like it so far.

Well... I just used my financial aid refund to order just about everything I need from SP. That's right...

Remission
Bites
Mind: The Perpetual Intercourse
Cleanse, Fold and Manipulate
VIVISectVI
Rabies
Too Dark Park
Back and Forth Series 6
The Greater Wrong of the Right
Back and Forth Series 7

...Yep. It'll be a happy day when the mailman comes to my door with the big-ass box full of Skinny Puppy.

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 19 Sep - 20:59 (2008)    Post subject: Generic Greeting! Reply with quote

happy indeed Mort de Rire
Automatik-Pilot

蛇 Serpent

PostPosted: Mon 22 Sep - 21:46 (2008)    Post subject: Generic Greeting! Reply with quote

I'd give the mailman a hug! But that would probably scare allthe mailmen away. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Today at 06:22 (2017)    Post subject: Generic Greeting!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    skinny puppy Forum Index -> Miscellaneous -> About you All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
smartDark Style by Smartor