skinny puppy :: Yet another new member/NY travel advice?
skinny puppy
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Yet another new member/NY travel advice?
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    skinny puppy Forum Index -> Miscellaneous -> About you
Previous topic :: Next topic  
ROStifarian

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul - 05:47 (2008)    Post subject: Yet another new member/NY travel advice? Reply with quote

Hello All

I'm a new member to these boards and I recall seeing a few names from the KMFDM boards (which are currently down)

I've been a huge SP fan for years yet I have reluctantly only seen them once.

I do have an ulterior motive for posting.  I'm going to be leaving for New York on monday from San Diego to do some computer work.  I've been given a per diem to fund my travel expenses, yet I know nothing about cabs or to go about transportation.

If there is anyone here that could lend some advice, I would appreciate it.  I would need to take a cab from JFK to Brentwood, NY.  I'm not sure about costs, or if even a cab will do that.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul - 05:47 (2008)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
noisehead

Masculin

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul - 09:05 (2008)    Post subject: Yet another new member/NY travel advice? Reply with quote

best of luck, not certain there are any regular members here who have much experience with NYC cabs.  maybe 2xGrime, but he hasn't posted in over a month, possibly dwin, though she lives near Buffalo and I'm not certain how often she's been out to NYC either.  I was there once, but that was way back in '91 and all I had to deal with was a couple of buses.
Sean2K

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul - 14:10 (2008)    Post subject: Yet another new member/NY travel advice? Reply with quote

ROStifarian wrote:
Hello All
I'm a new member to these boards and I recall seeing a few names from the KMFDM boards (which are currently down)

I've been a huge SP fan for years yet I have reluctantly only seen them once.

I do have an ulterior motive for posting.  I'm going to be leaving for New York on monday from San Diego to do some computer work.  I've been given a per diem to fund my travel expenses, yet I know nothing about cabs or to go about transportation.

If there is anyone here that could lend some advice, I would appreciate it.  I would need to take a cab from JFK to Brentwood, NY.  I'm not sure about costs, or if even a cab will do that.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Word to my homie from teh UHB boards! Cool

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul - 16:26 (2008)    Post subject: Yet another new member/NY travel advice? Reply with quote

No worries, I guess I just need to fend for myself.

Word up SeandaWG

Féminin 鼠 Rat

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul - 21:13 (2008)    Post subject: Yet another new member/NY travel advice? Reply with quote

Hey and welcome!

Yeah, I'm not familiar with the Long Island area.  I used to visit NYC every weekend, but it was usually at night.  heh.

Looks like from google maps from JFK, your looking at a 55 minute ride with traffic.  Not sure what the cab rate is these days, with the damn gas prices!  It used to be 2.50 per or could be a flat fee from the airport like $45.
ROStifarian

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jul - 07:00 (2008)    Post subject: Yet another new member/NY travel advice? Reply with quote

Thanks for the help.  After discussing the situation with my company, they have decided to just get me a rental car.  So, I am planning to hit the city on tuesday to catch the Ratatat show.  Either way, this is going to be my first time there, so no matter what I'm excited.

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jul - 09:16 (2008)    Post subject: Yet another new member/NY travel advice? Reply with quote

excellent, enjoy your time there.
dwninit

Féminin 鼠 Rat

PostPosted: Sun 13 Jul - 21:14 (2008)    Post subject: Yet another new member/NY travel advice? Reply with quote

Yeah, I miss the city!!!  Have a decent trip!
ROStifarian

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul - 01:03 (2008)    Post subject: Yet another new member/NY travel advice? Reply with quote

Thanks, it's my first time so I'm a bit nervous.  And could you answer me this?  Of all the places in New York, where should I get my pizza?

Féminin 鼠 Rat

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul - 02:59 (2008)    Post subject: Yet another new member/NY travel advice? Reply with quote

I have no idea!  I only remember this place around SoHo that was really good.
Otherwise, most of my dinner's were liquid Razz
ROStifarian

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul - 05:27 (2008)    Post subject: Yet another new member/NY travel advice? Reply with quote

dwninit wrote:
I have no idea! I only remember this place around SoHo that was really good.
Otherwise, most of my dinner's were liquid Razz

I understand. :D

Masculin

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul - 17:27 (2008)    Post subject: Yet another new member/NY travel advice? Reply with quote

yeah, dwin is like that... Razz
dwninit

Féminin 鼠 Rat

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul - 18:38 (2008)    Post subject: Yet another new member/NY travel advice? Reply with quote

Mort de Rire
Zino

Masculin

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jul - 16:57 (2008)    Post subject: Yet another new member/NY travel advice? Reply with quote

yeah welcome dude Mort de Rire
MSN
ROStifarian

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jul - 21:18 (2008)    Post subject: Yet another new member/NY travel advice? Reply with quote

Alright, my trip is over.

Records purchased

1st pressings

Pixies - Doolittle
nomeansno - Wrong
Skinny Puppy - Cleanse, Fold, and Manipulate
 - Mind: the perpetual intercourse
COIL - Panic/Tainted Love 12"
DEVO - New Traditionalists
Wolf Eyes - Fuck Pete Larsen (i cannot stress enough how I actually found this 1st pressing)
Ratatat - Mahalo (7")
Einsturzende Neutauten - Palast DVD

That's all I could remember off the top of my head.

Oh, and Grimaldi's pizza under the brooklyn bridge = amazing.

PostPosted: Today at 06:18 (2017)    Post subject: Yet another new member/NY travel advice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    skinny puppy Forum Index -> Miscellaneous -> About you All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
smartDark Style by Smartor